Lola’s Passage has been nominated for the 2017 Liebster Award!
First of all I want to thank Yayra from Explore ‘N’ Wander for having nominated me! I am beyond shocked and grateful! Please guys, go check out her blog! It is super fun and you can tell it’s been made with a lot of love.
Also a huge thanks to Liebster Award for existing. Starting a blog is no easy task and its one that has to be done with a lot of love and passion.
Liebster Award helps to not only connect with other fellows bloggers that share the same creativity you drive off of, but also help one another while growing our audience.
Having said this, I would like to nominate:
The rules for the award are on this link that you can click here.
Now, Yayra when she nominated me, had several questions for me that I will answer below. I hope that with this you can also get to know me better.
- When did you develop your passion for travel? I can’t really say. I always wanted to leave and explore. Its been in my DNA since I can remember. As a matter of fact I remember being a child and being fascinated by bicycles because I knew that I could pedal and get somewhere. So yeah, I’ve always had this unnerving sensation of running away and discovering what’s out there.
- In what moment, and why, did you decide to start writing about your travels? Well, to be honest, my best friend and this other friend kept bugging me to start a blog. They kept telling me I already wrote everything on Facebook, so that I should give blogging a shot. I also kept meeting random people in NYC that after a few minutes would ask me if I had YouTube channel because I should. LOL. So after a lot of consideration and after talking with my family and having their support I decided to give it a go. I hope to inspire and move people to travel and place themselves outside their comfort zones.
- Who is your favorite travel companion? Oh boy! I hope no one gets pissed! But I’d have to say my friend Glorimar. She is a wild free spirit like I am, and she’s into all the stuff I typically want to do. We share a lot of the same interests. She’s also independent so if I need my time she will understand. It’s also easy to schedule things with; from tours to food, she’s just perfect! I miss her a lot!
- What country is on the top of your list to visit today? Ay ay aaay! I’m going to say Albania because its almost untouched, its gorgeous, it’s never in anyones plans, and I can’t wait to head back to Europe!
- Is there a place you wouldn’t like to visit? And if so, why? Ha! No! I want to go everywhere!
- What is the funniest travel story you have to date? OMG. There are so many! But, I’m going to keep it as G rated as possible… I got sick in Chiang Mai, Thailand, the day I was walking with elephants. I ended up having to go #2, vomit all over and passing out in the middle of the jungle surrounded by elephants. It’s funny now. Hahaha
- Which has been a travel situation that has scared you the most? Definitely encountering a bear up front in Canada, just a few yards away from where I was at. I literally ran for my life. Again, it’s funny now, but at the moment, I can’t tell you all the things that went through my mind.
- What is your best advice to other travelers? To read ahead of time where you will be going. To be respectful and to be prepared. A lot of times people complain over a country solely because they just didn’t know where they were going and therefore had different expectations. Also, be considerate. Say no to animal tourism. There is no reason why people or animals should be exploited for the sole purpose of your entertainment. Again, do your research!
- What is the furthest away destination you’ve ever been to? I think Tasmania, Australia. Yeah.
- How do you prefer to travel, solo or with family? Well, given the fact that I’ve never had the opportunity to travel with my family, (I’m dying to travel with my brothers), I’m going to say solo. If the question also contemplates traveling with friends, I’d have to say it depends on the type of trip I want and also the friend I’d be going with. It’s important to choose someone compatible with your traveling style and with the destination in mind.
- If you had the chance to live anywhere in the world, where would you move? As of now, probably Barcelona. Not before saying that I love living here in NYC. 😉
Last but not least, I would like all the blogs I nominated to answer the same questions Yayra asked me since I had so much fun answering them!
Again, thank you all so much for reading this post, learning about other blogs and of course, a little more about me!
Safe travels my loves!